Trash is picked up Monday mornings; please place your blue trash carts out at the curb by 8:00 A.M. to insure trash pickup.
Trash Cost Regular
- Residential $13.25
- Senior Citizens $11.92
*To receive the Senior Citizens discount the complete house hold age must be 62 or older.
Holiday Trash Schedule
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29, 2017 – Trash will be picked up on Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4, 2017 – Trash will be picked up on Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- Christmas – Monday, December 25, 2017 – Trash will be picked up on Tuesday, December 26, 2017
- New Year’s Day 2018 – Monday, January 1, 2018 – Trash will be picked up on Tuesday, January 2, 2018
All other trash pickup will be on Monday as scheduled
Recycling Address Recycling Hours
Nortonville City Shop Monday - Friday 8 A.M. till 4:30 P.M
723 Elm Closed on weekends and holidays
Nortonville, Kansas 66060
The recycling center has moved to 723 Elm and is for Nortonville City residents only. The recycling trailer will be available Monday – Friday 8 A.M. till 4:30 P.M., it will be closed on the weekends and holidays. There is no after hour dumping allowed. The city will be recycling the following items:
- PETE #1 plastic (Polyethylene Terephthalate). Includes drink bottles, some plastic food containers such as peanut butter jars, and water bottles. No lids please
- HDPE #2 plastic (high density polyethylene). Includes milk jugs and other natural colored and colored containers. No lids please
- Phone Books
- Newsprint: Slick advertisement inserts may remain.
- Slick magazines: Magazines and catalogs.
- Corrugated Cardboard: Paper grocery bags, paper feed sacks with plastic liners removed.
We are unable to accept Styrofoam, tin cans, glass, plastic bags, plastic lids, plastic tubs, chipboard, or any form of white ledger or office paper; which includes continuous feed computer paper, both green bar and white, white copier paper, white ledger paper, notebook paper, colored copier paper, carbonless forms, legal paper, colored ledger paper, and junk mail.
For more information call the City Hall at 913-886-2060
Burn & Compost Pile
The City has a burn pile and a compost pile for the residents of Nortonville to use. This facility is located just east of the ball fields on Railroad Street. Place tree branches and shrubbery on the burn pile (north pile); place leaves and any vegetation from gardens in the compost pile (south pile).
Just a reminder our trash service will pick up boards, plastic garden containers and other yard trash. Please do not abuse our burn and compost piles by putting unnecessary solid waste items in them.